Tuesday, September 25, 2007

St. Ursula's Crew - Head of the Cuyahoga - Head of the Charles

Congratulations to St. Ursula's Crew from Toledo, Ohio, which, for their second consecutive year, won the Chris Ernst/A HERO FOR DAISY trophy for the fastest women's eight. This high school team will be travelling to Boston to compete in the 2007 Head of the Charles Regatta - - and I am excited to meet them.

I, too, will be racing with my long-time doubles partner, Cindy Matthes in the Women's Masters Double at the Head of the Charles -- and we are also teaming up with Wyc Grousbeck (owner of the Celtics) and David Fialkow (crazy man venture capitalist) to row a mixed 4x on Sunday. Wyc has kindly outfitted us with Celtics jerseys and socks - - although it is unclear whether the Celtics will really benefit from four aging athletes all trying to defy their age...

DAISY will also be screening at number of times at the Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis, IN - on October 20th, 21st, 24th and 25th. For more information, log onto: www.HeartlandFilmFestival.com.

Finally - I was wedged between film critic Jay Carr and OJ Simpson commentator Bill Fallon on Jim Braude's Quiz Night on NECN last week. For the first time in a very long time, I won the NECN coffee cup because of my amazing ability to retain obscure and irrelevant facts about celebrities and politicians in Massachusetts.

I only wish I could remember what I had for lunch yesterday.






1 comment:

Cat Stumps said...

Hi great readingg your post